These are the titles of two books I recently picked up. The former is topical while the latter is a book-by-book survey. I remember seeing the second book in the Moody Library two years ago or so, and so was pleased with serendipitous occasion of stumbling upon it here at Tyndale.
I’m simply listing the topics because I think it would be a good way to teach people the Old Testament someday.
- The Grand Narratives: Genesis-Kings, Chronicles
- Political Deliverance: Exodus
- To Build Just Society: Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther, Ruth, Daniel
- The Ethics of Desolation & Hope: Isaiah
- Subverting the Message: Jeremiah
- Territory and Temple: Ezekiel
- The Voice of the People: the Twelve (Minor Prophets)
- Poetic Imagination: Psalms, Song of Songs, Lamentations
- The Poverty Debate: Proverbs
- Questioning Prevailing Wisdom: Qohelet & Job